What Would Khaleesi Wear?
DIY Fire and Blood Dip-Dye Tights!
Ok, so I made these as an afterthought while dip-dyeing the sigil tank shirts. Didn’t really pay close attention, just did it for fun. My tip is to keep track of the dye so it doesn’t end up so abrupt-looking like on mine. Also, make it black from the hips going red at the feet, otherwise if you do it the other way it’ll probably look like you’re menstruating and got stuck in mud. No bueno.
1. Start with a pair of sheer tan tights
2. soak the tights THOROUGHLY. You are best off putting it in a tub of water for maybe 10 minutes and making sure every part is wet. This helps the dye go on evenly.
3. Follow package instructions for making stove-top black dye. When the dye solution is ready, dip a little more than half of the tights (from the hips to just below the knee) into the solution for about 3 minutes.
4. lift the tights just a couple of inches out of the dye solution, keep immersing the thigh and hip parts of the tights in the solution for about 20 minutes.
5. lift the tights just a couple MORE inches, keep immersing the hip parts for another 10 minutes.
6. Cold-rinse the tights and let all the excess black dye run out. Let the tights dry.
7. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the red dye.
8. Repeat steps 4-6 for the red dye, giving the least amount of saturation to the part near the knees and keeping the feet immersed in red the longest.
Hope that helps, feel free to message me with more questions! A little practice and your dip-dye tights will look way less marbled than mine came out (Like I said, I neglected to keep close watch on it)